Currently, the RCRS is launching a project: "Combating Persecution and Discrimination on the Basis of Religion in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Project goal: To promote respect, protection, and promotion of the right to freedom of religion or belief.
To conduct research on the implementation of the right to freedom of religion and belief in communities;
Developing informational materials for lawyers of religious organizations;
Capacity building for representatives of religious organizations;
Legal support for citizens seeking legal assistance with regard to the right to freedom of religion or belief;
Work on bylaws.
Project participants: lawyers, representatives of religious organizations, religious leaders, activists, experts, and representatives of relevant government agencies.
In order to ensure fair access to justice for citizens who applied for legal aid, the CRI engages a legal consultant.
Terms of Reference:
1. thematic category: freedom of religion and belief
2. estimated Term of Service: 30 months.
3. expected start date: May 10, 2022
4. number of cases for judicial review: 10
5. consultant's employment: Part-time
The task of the legal consultant:
To provide full legal support for cases involving protection of the right to freedom of religion and belief in the courts.
10 cases involving violations of the right to freedom of religion and belief reviewed in court and/or law enforcement instances.
Knowledge of the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on freedom of religion and belief;
Knowledge of the procedural norms of legal proceedings;
License to practice law is an advantage.
Diploma of higher legal education.
1. At least 5 years of experience in providing legal support;
2. Experience in representing interests in courts;
3. Experience in interacting with government agencies.
4. Experience in human rights organizations is an advantage.
Application (resume) and cover letter with the expected fee must be sent no later than April 28, 2022 to e-mail: email@example.com. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)